News and Announcements
• Players and they introduce their parents too
• Coaches introductions and back ground, credentials, etc
• Expectation/goals/ practice gear/Game gear (warm up suits discussion)
• Practice Schedule days
• Players positions
• Playing time discussion
Parent continue with the meeting while Players start a Working session: (Pizza and watch a soccer match: )
At this point, the girls will watch and evaluate a soccer match (Barcelona vs. Real Madrid.) Each player needs to evaluate one player, preferably one that plays your position, evaluate his game, explain what you have learned from the player’s performance, provide criticism if any, things that you will add to your game from watching.
• Fund raising opportunities (Marcy and Joe)
• Volunteers (introduce current volunteers and request more volunteers)
o websites, team and got soccer updates
o Social committee to plan regular get together for the girls to see college soccer game, have a sleepover, go bowling, skiing, snow tubing, go out for pizza, bonfire party, etc
o Any other positions that you can come up with
• Treasurer notes (Dave or Marcy)
• Manager notes (Marcy)
Thunder Magic team is making the final plans for our trip to Disney World to play in the Disney President’s Day soccer festival!
We will have a couple of outdoor practice sessions to get ready for the tournament!
You can keep up with this tournament updates by following the link
Thunder Magic is playing indoor at the Frederick Indoor Sports Center. Schedule is on the calendar!
Thunder Magic will have a couple of outdoor practices in early Feburary to get ready for Disney on Feb 18-20!
Now the regular falls season is over the Magic team is still busy and has the following on the agenda
- College Showcase in Kirkwood, DE on Novermeber 28, 2011
- Indoor soccer at the Frederick Indoor facility Jan-Feb 2011
- Disney Prseident’s day tournament. Orlando, Florida on Feb 18-20
- March Preseason local tournament
- WAGS Spring season
- State Cup Tournament
- Memorial Day Tournament